Thanks to its defining breakaway rim, this in-ground basketball system is ideal for teaching students basketball skills that will translate indoors, onto a regulation-style setting. Offering true playability thanks to the rim and 3 backboard materials, students will learn the behavior of the ball and the reaction off the hoop of every shot. Two pole sizes and setbacks also make it possible to tailor your ideal outdoor court experience.
Our only outdoor, in-ground basketball system to feature a breakaway rim, players will love being able to dunk and alley-oop on this hoop, without fear of damaging it! A breakaway rim provides more flexibility than fixed rims, allowing it to bend or “give” when players dunk. This is also an ideal prospect for practicing—indoor, competitive hoops utilize breakaway hoops, which means players can get a feel for their playability outdoors thanks to these systems. The single-rim design offers truer reactivity and playability than comparable double-rim models.
- Single rim goal offers truer play, as the single rim offers less bounce/rebound than a double rim. This style of rim transfers better to indoor courts, as a single rim is used in competitive indoor play.
Short and Full Court Options
ClassicPro Systems are available with both 3-1/2” and 4-1/2” pole options, and either 3’ or 4’ setback lengths. This diversity allows you to select the option that meets the needs of your outdoor courts. Thinner poles and smaller setback depths are a great short court option for younger players or for more confined spaces. Thicker poles and deeper setbacks give you a full court experience outdoors, and provide a greater degree of safety for your players.
- In-ground systems are more stable than portable systems, as they’re installed in the ground to stand firm against all levels of play. Unlike portable systems, there’s no risk of tipping over.
- 3’ or 4’ setback area keeps the rim a safe distance from the base. Longer setbacks increase player safety by reducing the risk of running into the post, however they require more space. Shorter setbacks are ideal for short courts and smaller play areas.
- 3-1/2” and 4-1/2” galvanized steel post options makes these systems ideal for both light and heavy institutional use, depending on the choice. Galvanized steel posts also have a protective zinc coating to prevent rust and corrosion.
Three Backboard Materials
- Aluminum backboard is tough, rustproof, and the lightest weight option, however it does not offer the truest playability as compared to others.
- Steel backboard is the largest of the backboard options in this offer and provides a durable choice, complete with a graffiti resistant finish.
- Polycarbonate backboard is similar to that of an acrylic backboard, which is used on indoor courts, and offers the best rebound and play, while providing enough protection to withstand heavy use.
ClassicPro System Options
ClassicPro Systems are available in 3 backboard materials, in 2 pole sizes.
- 3-1/2”, 175 lb
- 4-1/2”, 235 lb
- 3-1/2”, 225 lb
- 4-1/2”, 260 lb
- 4-1/2”, 300 lb