Fitness for Life: Elementary School Pack
This award-winning wellness curriculum program uses PE lessons, classroom activities and discussions, recess, before- and after-school activities, and family nights to promote physical activity and active lifestyles for elementary-age students. Use this program to meet local and state requirements, including CDC, USDA, and SHAPE America National Standards for Physical Education.
Each pack includes everything you need to implement a coordinated nutrition, physical activity, and wellness program. Included are:
- 4 full weeks of theme-based lessons featuring videos, activities, and music
- 7 classroom guides featuring 140 lesson plans and activities for grades K-6
- A physical education lesson plan book packed with activities and 32 lessons
- More than 16 hours of video content, including 140 physical activity routines (28 core routines with special wellness messages for each school day) and 4 schoolwide team activities
- A complete wellness coordinator’s guide that includes assessment tools and resources for schoolwide special events
- A music CD to accompany the physical education lesson plans
- Hundreds of full-color reproducible, including signs, newsletters, and activity cards
The pack was developed by nationally and internationally recognized leaders Charles B. Corbin, Guy le Masurier, Dolly Lambdin, and Meg Greiner. It has been field tested and is based on the most current research and standards regarding health-related fitness, activity, wellness, and nutrition.
Using the pack allows you to easily meet all standards for fitness and nutrition and easily implement important wellness concepts in your curriculum. All lessons are easily to follow and proven to enhance academic performance.